For each of the shortcode options, I will give a small example of the key and value.
The plugin Latest Post Shortcode options are
- Number of Posts: how many to display if no pagination.
- Pagination : No pagination, Paginate results. For the paginate results, there are extra available options
- Records Per Page
- Navigation options: Hide Pages Navigation, Show Pages Navigation (range of 4 visible pages), Show Pages Navigation (range of 5 visible pages), Show Pages Navigation (range of 10 visible pages)
- Pagination Position : Above the results, Below the results, Above & Below the results
- Records Per Page
- Post Type* : the post types to be selected
- Display Post: what details to display about each post.
- Chars from excerpt / content : this will allow to specify a number of chars for the options that require few chars,
- Use Post URL: No link to the post, Link to the post, Link to the post (_blank)
- Extra Options: Show post tags, Ajax Pagination
- Order by: Date DESC, Date ASC, Menu Order ASC, Menu Order DESC, Title ASC, Title DESC
- Status: select the post statuses you want to be exposed (this is dynamical, the list of post statuses will include the native statuses and the post statuses registered in your application by the other plugins)
- Use Image* : No image or one selected image size
- CSS Class Selector : you can use the builtin two-columns or three-columns CSS classes, or you can create your own custom CSS and specify here the selectors
- Tile Pattern : order of the HTML tags (image, title, text, link).
- Select The Latest From Taxonomy
- Select The Latest Posts With The Tag
- Dynamic: No, use the selected ones or Yes, use the current post tags (this option is useful when you want to display related content on a page)
- Exclude Posts with Tags
- Select The Posts By IDs : you can specify the Post IDs
- The Latest Posts By Parent IDs: you can specify the Parent IDs.
Your potential shortcode might look similar to (don’t forget to use the square brackets)
latest-selected-content limit="4" type="post" display="title,content-small" chrlimit="50" image="full" elements="0" css="two-columns" taxonomy="category" term="samples" orderby="dateA"
Other plugins related posts:
Easy Replace ImageJuly 15, 2017 4:02 pm
This plugin allows you to replace an attachment file by uploading
Latest Post Shortcode 7.0June 23, 2017 4:20 pm
Starting with version 7.0, the plugin has a new UI and implements
Easy Populate Posts 2.0May 21, 2016 11:48 am
Few days ago, the Easy Populate Posts plugin got upgraded to
Emails Catch AllFebruary 15, 2016 5:52 pm
This plugin allows you to set a catch all emails address that
Latest Post Shortcode Slider ExtensionOctober 21, 2015 11:09 am
The plugin is an extension for the Latest Post Shortcode plugin,
Easy Populate PostsOctober 19, 2015 7:25 pm
The is a helper plugin that allows developers to populate the