Custom Firewall Rules
The login filter can be configured to work in a different way, depending on what type of rules to be assessed and in which order.
The current types of rules are:
- Allow login only for allowed countries or allowed IPs
- Block login only for blocked countries or blocked IPs
- PRO Allow login only for allowed countries or allowed IPs, but not from blocked IPs
- PRO Allow login only for allowed countries or allowed IPs, but not from blocked IPs or blocked countries
- PRO Block login only for blocked countries or blocked IPs, but not for allowed IPs
- PRO Block login only for blocked countries or blocked IPs, but not for allowed IPs or allowed countries
This new option controls whether XML-RPC methods requiring authentication (such as for publishing purposes) are enabled or not. This option does not interfere with pingbacks or other custom endpoints that don’t require authentication. There are 3 options:
- Default – this will not change the current filter in your site
- Disable all – this will disable these for everyone
- Disable only when matching a restriction rule
Blocked IPs & Countries
Starting with this version, the plugin has new options for blocking specific IPs and countries.
New UI for Selecting Countries
The UI for selecting and blocking countries has been updated to allow to do this in a much easier way.
Current IP in the List of Allowed IPs
The current IP is added automatically to the list of allowed IPs if you are using IP restrictions. This decreases the chances you will block your own access.
Click the heart.