Summary for version 5.0.0 – 5.5.0
- NEW Menu Items & Separate Current Features
- NEW Resume Regenerate & Turn On/Off WooCommerce Thumbnails Generator
- NEW Free & Premium Extensions Support (don’t worry, the Image Regenerate & Select Crop is FREE, it just got so big and I have so many ideas on what to add to make your work easier by providing optional additional functionality)
Image Regenerate in WordPress & Select Crop
…it’s quite practical for regenerating thumbnails after creating custom images sizes or changing themes. With all the available tools inside the plugin, you can take care of all the images on your site, even for responsive sizes.Orana Velarde, Elegant Themes
HOW TO REGENERATE THUMBNAILS AND CROP IMAGES IN WORDPRESS
Another one-stop solution is the Image Regenerate & Select Crop plugin. It’s new and hasn’t got much of a user base yet… its feature set looks promising.David Coleman, Have Camera
HOW TO RESIZE WORDPRESS THUMBNAILS
If you are annoyed at the fact that WordPress generates fifty thousand different thumbnails of every single image you upload, you can use this to go through and say for what post type what image size you need and delete the ones you don’t want… this one is something that’s easier to use without technical knowledge and it would just clear out some of the clutter in the media library…Sallie Goetsch, WP Fangirl
WORDPRESS PLUGINS THAT ARE POWERFUL & SOLVE REAL PROBLEMS
Menu Items & Separate Current Features
NEW Version 5.0 introduces changes to allow direct access to the features from the main menu, including the enabled extensions.
Also, the current features are separated and can be accessed from the menu. These are:
- General Settings,
- Advanced Rules,
- Media settings custom options,
- Additional Sizes,
- Features Manager
- Images SEO
- Uploads Folder Info
- Uploads Inspector
Resume Regenerate & Turn On/Off WooCommerce Thumbnails Generator
There are two NEW options available in version 5.0.
The resume regenerate button will be shown on the general settings page for all the image sizes for which you are regenerating the images if the process was initiated and not completed. This new button will allow continuing the processing of images from where it previously stopped.
The turn off/on the WooCommerce background thumbnails regenerate is a new option available also on the general settings page. This can be useful when you are using watermarks on your photos and also if you want to prevent
Free & Premium Extensions Support
As mentioned above, the Image Regenerate & Select Crop is FREE, it just got so big and I have so many ideas on what to add to make your work easier by providing NEW optional additional functionality. Version 5.0 adds support for plugin extensions. The features manager allows you to turn on/off additional functionality related to the plugin.
See below the extensions available for version 5.0. Please note that the prices presented in the video tutorials are subject to cha
This extension allows you to export and import the plugin settings from one instance to another. The export includes the general settings, the advanced rules, the media settings, and the additional sizes managed with this plugin. See below a mini-tutorial on how to enable/disable the extensions and how to activate the license key for premium extensions.
This extension allows you to rename the image files (bulk rename, individual rename or image rename on upload). Also, the extension provides the feature to override the attachment attributes based on your settings. See more details and screenshots related to this extension.
Uploads Folder Info
This extension allows you to see details about your application uploads folder: the total file size, the number of folders (and sub-folders), and the number of files. See more details and screenshots related to this extension.
This extension allows you to analyze the files from your uploads folder (even the orphaned files, these are not associated with attachment records in the database) and see details about their size, MIME type, attachment IDs, image sizes, etc. See more details and screenshots related to this extension.
License Key Activation Process
Feel free to open a new feature request. As you know, my time is limited, but if your request turns into a new premium extension, you might be eligible for a free one-year license key for that functionality.
- Tested up to 5.5.1
- Added export snippet that allows transferring registered image sizes from the plugin
- Added image metadata fallback when the post meta is missing
- Tested up to 5.5
- Fix warnings, placeholder path, font, and a summary update on sub-size change in the info lightbox
- Change the threshold default quality on forced original
- Assets update
- Tested up to 5.4.2
- Added the option to bulk regenerate/cleanup only featured images
- Fix the deprecated array and string offset access syntax with curly braces for PHP >= 7.4
- Added the raw clean-up button in the media listing screen (this is available only when using the option to display the summary too).
- Added the option to display the summary of images generated for each attachment in the media listing screen that gets updated when other actions are performed in the image details lightbox, on regenerate and raw cleanup.
- Style updates for the small resolutions.
- Fixed the upscale for the square image.
- Tested up to 5.4
- Added the upscale option that allows to upscale images (with close original sizes to the expected crop) before applying a crop, when the perfect fit option is on.
- Added more details about the missing files in the image details lightbox, so that the files that are removed (from FTP or otherwise by third-party plugins, manual removal, etc.) are marked as missing files, even if these are still recorded in the database. Updated the alternative text over the delete icon to read “Cleanup the metadata” for clarity.
- Added the option to keep the plugin settings after the plugin is deactivated.
- Fix the error on image upload when also using the WP Offload Media plugin that is messing with the attachment metadata and triggers a WP_Error
- Fix warnings for previously missing settings.
- Added the option to filter and expose the image sizes available for the attachment display settings in the media dialog (any registered available size, even when there is no explicit filter applied).
- Added the option to regenerate only missing files, without overriding the existing ones.
- Added the cleanup log to summarize the cleanup errors at the end of the process.
- Fix the issue when using WooCommerce and the crop position was not processed correctly, it was only selecting the center of the image, regardless of the expected crop position.
- Fix the raw cleanup.
- Fix ghost image size settings.
- Tested up to 5.3.2.
- Added a new hook for integration with the EWWW Image Optimizer plugin
- Readme updates
- Tested up to 5.3.
- Added a new option to override the featured image size in the meta box.
- Fixed the attachment display settings size options in the media screens when there are globally ignored and unavailable sizes.
- Added custom hooks for other plugin integration.
- Bypass the fallback to the original metadata for smaller image sizes.
- Fix the crop option for medium and large (in some cases that was not saved properly).
- Display small buttons when using Gutenberg.
- Updated screenshots with the latest version options.
- Tested up to 5.3-RC2.
- Integration with EWWW Image Optimizer plugin to allow the sync of ignored image sizes.
- Save the general setting without refreshing the page.
- Added the reset to the default quality loss setting.
- Created three new action hooks: sirsc_image_processed (parameters: $attachment_id, $image_size), sirsc_attachment_images_processed (parameter: $metadata, $attachment_id), sirsc_image_file_deleted (parameters: $attachment_id, $file).
- Added the option to show small buttons on the media screen.
- Added two new cleanup options, one that allows for the removal of unused files from older image sizes, and one for raw cleanup that keeps only the original/full file. PLEASE NOTE: BOTH NEW CLEANUP TYPES ARE RECOMMENDED FOR COMMAND LINE USE (
rawcleanup). USE THESE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Notify other scripts when processing by defining the DOING_SIRSC constant.
- Added the functionality that will attempt to regenerate metadata and sub-sizes when the upload failed but the file got uploaded but no metadata or sub-sizes was generated. This is triggered when opening the image details lightbox.
- Added the functionality that attempts to fix the broken metadata by matching the generated files with the expected image sizes.
- Added extra details in the image details lightbox about each image associated with an attachment, the status of the image size, and the option to delete individually.
- Fix notifications loaded too soon.
- Changes to allow direct access to the features from the main menu.
- Separate current features and allow access from the menu to general settings, advanced rules, media settings custom options, additional sizes, and features manager.
- Added support for the new extensions: Import/Export, Images SEO, Uploads Folder Info, Uploads Inspector.
- Added general settings new option that allows to turn off/on the WooCommerce background thumbnails regenerate.
- New option to resume the regenerate process from the settings page for each of the image sizes.
- Introduced the features manager that allows to turn on/off additional functionality related to the plugin
- Support for Import/Export extension (free) that allows replicating quickly the settings from one environment to another.
- Support for Images SEO extension (yearly license) that allows renaming the image files and overriding the attachment attributes based on the settings.
- Support for Uploads Folder Info extension (yearly license) that allows you to see details about your application uploads folder.
- Support for Uploads Inspector extension (yearly license) that allows you to analyze the files from your uploads folder (even the orphaned files).