You can download the free plugin from the WordPress repository. If you would like to support my work, please leave a 5 stars rating, or share this plugin on your feed.
A huge thanks in advance!
LPS / Latest Post Shortcode Gutenberg Block
With version 9.6.2, the plugin introduces the Gutenberg block that allows to embed the shortcode in a more intuitive way. Also, this allows seeing a preview of the shortcode output directly in the editor.
Latest Post Shortcode to find quickly the block, or navigate to Widgets and select it from there. Configuring the shortcode works the same as before, you can use the “Shortcode Options” button to open the settings lightbox, or change manually the attributes of the shortcode.
See some examples:
Where is the button?
The button for configuring the shortcode is displayed as an icon or as the LPS button, depending on the mode you use when adding/updating content (the posts, pages, widgets, etc.):
- in the Visual mode of the editor, the button appears in the toolbar as an icon
- in the Text mode of the editor, the button appears in the toolbar as the LPS button
The button for the shortcode configurator can be used:
- when adding/editing posts, pages, text widgets
- in the LPS block for Gutenberg
- in the Classic block for Gutenberg
- for version >= 8.7 the button is also available in Elementor.
See the demo: